The following are the basic things you need to bring to the hospital during labor and delivery for the baby.
The prices were as of August 2021 and items were brought from major department store in Cebu (Metro Ayala Cebu, SM Cebu and SM Seaside). Some items were also brought online.
My husband and I are going to be first time parents. We have no idea what to pack and how many to bring. We have read countless blogs and watched YouTube videos that only drove us crazy and drained every time. With all the time we spent researching, still no concrete list ever made. We noticed that what we were reading and watching were not applicable here in Cebu, Philippines. First, the season is different. We do not have winter here in Cebu and so all the cute fury clothing and baby overalls is not suitable for the baby born here in Cebu. Second, the hospital where I plan to give birth will have different facilities from what I’ve read and watched online. There are items which are already included as well as items I still need to bring/purchase.
Surprisingly, we learned a lot from all our research and so we made our own list of only the basic things to bring in our baby’s hospital bag. If you are first time parents and frugal like us, check-out the list (with corresponding prices) below:
The baby’s hospital bag are divided into four categories: hospital bag, toiletries, clothing and miscellaneous items.
Hospital bag – any big bag with easy and wide access will do. Fortunately, we need not to purchase this item. My husband owns an old but still in mint condition duffel bag he once bought in Japan.
- Storage box, PhP 100 for a 6 liter size. Placed inside the hospital bag and will serve as an organizer for baby’s toiletries.
- Newborn diapers, PhP 261 for pack of 40pcs. Ideal to bring at least 10 pcs.
- Cotton roll, PhP 51.25
- Baby wash, PhP 85.75 for 60ml
- Baby brush and comb, PhP 169.75 for the set.
- 70% isopropyl alcohol, PhP 35.20 for 150ml.
- New born nasal aspirator, PhP 64.75.
- Organic baby wipes, PhP 129 for 50 pulls large size. For wiping the surface only. Much advisable to use water and cotton to wipe baby’s skin.
- Cotton buds, PhP 49.75
- New born long sleeves tie-side, PhP 269 for set of three. Bring at least four pieces to the hospital.
- New born short sleeves tie-side, PhP 269 for set of three. Bring at least four pieces to the hospital.
- New born bonnets, PhP 259 for set of three. Bring at least four pieces to the hospital.
- New born mittens, PhP 129 for set of three. Bring at least four pairs to the hospital.
- New born socks, PhP 249 for set of three. Bring at least four pairs to the hospital.
- New born frog suit, PhP 1,350 for set of three (optional). Can be used as going home outfit of the baby. Bring at least one to the hospital.
- Bird’s eye cloth diaper (lampin), PhP 257 for 6 pcs. full size.
- Bird’s eye cloth diaper (lampin), PhP 179 for 6 pcs. half size.
- Rubber changing mat, PhP 299.75.
- Wash cloth, PhP 140 for set of three. Bring at least two to the hospital.
- Swaddle, PhP 900 for set of three. Bring at least two to the hospital.
- Receiving blanket with hood, PhP 350.
- Buy baby’s things as early as possible and prepare baby’s hospital bag by seventh month of pregnancy.
- Prewash all items.
- Put in ziplock with label the set clothings such as long sleeve tie-side, pajama, bonnet, socks and mittens. Make four sets to bring to the hospital.
- Arrange everything carefully in baby’s hospital bag.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without trishaspan.com’s notice.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Let’s be friends on Instagram: Follow @trishaspan where I share about my frugal living journey, day to day life and new blog updates.