The following are laboratory tests commonly requested by the OB-GYN to pregnant women. The laboratory tests and its corresponding prices were from Maayo Well Cebu, Chong Hua Hospital Mandaue and University of Cebu Medical Center (UCMed). The prices indicated in the list were compilation of laboratory tests taken from July 2021 until September 2021 only. You may use the list as a guide to help you with your budget since every facility varies in prices.
Note: Every pregnancy is a unique experience, some items in the list may vary and may not be applicable to every pregnant woman. This article is an information only for financial PREPAREDNESS in relation to pregnancy. It does not encourage pregnant woman to self medicate or perform any laboratory test without the physician’s official request. Always consult your OB-GYNE for professional medical advice.
Maayo Well Cebu
- RAPID PLASMA REAGIN (RPR) – PhP 495
- THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) – PhP 535
- GLUCOSE, FASTING (FBS) – PhP 155
- HBsAg (QUALITATIVE) – PhP 255
- URINALYSIS (ROUTINE) – PhP 180
- COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT (CBC) – PhP 175
- BLOOD TYPING – PhP 185
- TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND – PhP 1,435
Location: Plaridel Street, Umapad, Mandaue City, Cebu 6014 Business hours: Monday - Saturday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Contact number: (032) 888 2662 Website: maayowell.com
Chong Hua Hospital Mandaue
- PAP SMEAR – PhP 400
- PELVIC ULTRASOUND-PREGNANT (FETAL BIOMETRY) – PhP 1,300
- CERVICAL LENGTH (CL) – PhP 150
- CULTURE/SENSITIVITY-URINE – PhP 2,100
Location: Mantawi Int’l Drive, City South Special Economic Administrative Zone, Mandaue City, Cebu 6014 Contact number: (032) 233 8000 Website: https://www.chonghua.com.ph
University of Cebu Medical Center (UCMed)
- BLOOD TYPING – PhP 236
- 75 GRAMS OGTT – PhP 940
- CONGENITAL ANOMALY SCAN (CAS) – PhP 2,150
- COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT (CBC) – PhP 220
- RECTO VAGINAL SCREENING (GBS SCREENING) – PhP 1,401
- PELVIC ULTRASOUND – PhP 1,400
If you have a Pag-Ibig loyalty card, UCMed offers a 5% discount for some of its laboratory tests.
Location: Ouano Avenue, Subangdaku, Mandaue City, Cebu, 6014 Contact number: (032) 517 0888 Website: https://ucmed.ph
- Prior to going to the hospital or clinic, make sure to inquire for the laboratory schedule as some tests can only be performed during weekdays, some are even half day only and some are appointment basis. Book an appointment if necessary.
- Make sure to ask what you need to prepare for the procedure. Some laboratory tests require a specific number of fasting hours.
- Wear comfortable and easy access clothing for the laboratory procedures.
- Inquire ahead how much you will pay so you can adjust your budget. Bring exact amount for faster transaction.
- Inquire also if the laboratory test is covered by your insurance provider. Most insurance company does not cover maternity related procedures or laboratory tests.
- Do not forget to ask for the releasing of results schedule. Some laboratory tests could take up to a week for the results to come out. Make sure you can get your result before your next OB-GYNE visit.
- Bring water and light snacks. Even on an appointment basis schedule, some laboratory procedures take a long time depending on other patients condition.
- Bring alcohol and tissue as some hospitals or clinic ran out of stocks quickly.
- Bring pillow to support your back if you feel you will be waiting and sitting for a long time.
- Familiarize the building. Laboratory and cashier may not be adjacent to each other and you may need to take a floor up or down to reach each destination as well as the location of the laboratory. Hospitals have various departments and laboratory facilities were scattered inside the building.
- Bring your own pen as you may need to fill in some forms with your personal information to be given to the laboratory personnel.
- Make allowance with your time. Consider the amount of time it will take from your home to the hospital or clinic, the hospital’s procedures upon entering their premises, queuing in cashier, laboratory waiting time prior to procedure and even elevator waiting time especially if you are going to perform the laboratory tests with fasting as a requirement. You don’t want to over-fast and be disqualified for the procedure.
- Do not be late. Some laboratory tests can only be performed by doctors or practitioners. It might be difficult to set another appointment with them.
- Follow the physician’s request schedule. Some laboratory tests can only be performed at a specific time frame especially during pregnancy. Such in the case of Congenital Anomaly Scan – you cannot perform this laboratory test beyond your 24th week of pregnancy.
- Laboratory schedules may change. If you leave a contact number, the hospital or clinic shall inform you of the new schedule.
- Doctors or technicians who will perform the laboratory procedures will sometimes ask relevant questions. Bring your records or be knowledgeable as much as possible about your medical history, if you have any.
• Professional fees are not included in this post.
• Laboratory tests were taken from week 7 up to week 34 of pregnancy following the OB-GYNE’s request.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without trishaspan.com’s notice.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Let’s be friends on Instagram: Follow @trishaspan where I share about my frugal living journey, day to day life and new blog updates.