If you plan to use your PRC Id with your new married name, these are the steps and requirements you need to accomplish:
PRC Region VII-Cebu:
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Region VII-Cebu office is located at HVG Arcade, Subangdaku, Mandaue City, Cebu. Office hours is 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Prior to going to PRC Region VII-Cebu office, complete and bring the following requirements:
- Duly accomplished Petition for Change of Registered Name Due to Marriage form
- NSO marriage contract (original and photocopy)
- Photocopy of PRC ID (front and back)
- 2 pcs. passport-sized ID picture in white background with full name tag (use married name)*
- Metered documentary stamp**
*The PRC Region VII-Cebu office offers ID picture services at a fee for those who did not bring any.
**Sold inside the PRC office.
Download Petition for Change of Registered Name Due to Marriage form here: https://www.prc.gov.ph/sites/default/files/PetitionForChangeofRegisteredNameDueToMarriage_e.pdf
Steps how to change name:
- No online appointment for Petition for Change of Registered Name Due to Marriage transaction. Walk-in is allowed.
- Proceed to information/assistance desk and present your requirements. In exchange, the personnel-in-charge will give you Change of Status form. Fill-in the form completely.
- Pay for passport-size ID picture* and metered documentary stamp** at the cashier. Fee is PhP 140 for both.
- Paste the pictures at each of the form. One for Change of status form and one for Petition for Change of Registered Name Due to Marriage form.
- Proceed to Window 6 and submit the forms along with the requirements. Wait for your name to be called for instructions.
- After the assessment, you will be asked to pay a statutory fee of PhP 225 to Window 7 cashier. After payment, bring the receipt back to Window 6.
- Window 6 will release a verification slip. You may verify the status of your petition after 19 working days.
Verification of petition:
- Option 1: Present the verification slip at counter 3 to verify your status.
- Option 2: You may call (032) 253-5330.
- Option 3: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transaction mentioned above is only to change your name in the PRC database. There will be no printed Professional Identification Card (PIC). Should you want to have a PIC indicating your married name, book an online appointment for renewal/duplicate.
- Clients/visitors/transacting public are advised to adhere to a smart casual dress code when within PRC office premises (no shorts/sando/slippers).
- Bring your own ballpen.
- Wear PPE (faceshield and face mask) and bring alcohol.
- Bring exact cash for smooth transaction.
- Companion/accompany is not allowed inside the PRC office premises.
Summary of Expenses
Passport-size ID picture and metered documentary stamp = P140
Statutory fee = P225
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without trishaspan.com’s notice.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Let’s be friends on Instagram: Follow @trishaspan where I share about my frugal living journey, day to day life and new blog updates.