Breakfast is the first meal of the day. Every homemaker, especially here in the Philippines knows the importance of having a breakfast. Without breakfast, you will find yourself lacking the energy and alertness until you’ve eaten.
Breakfast is necessary to replenish the supply of sugar in your system as well as other essential nutrients needed by the body to become healthy.
In the Philippine culture, there are two possible scenarios when eating breakfast:
- Rice + viand, or
- Pan de sal + coffee
Both options are delicious and can provide energy till lunch time!
Today, a non-conventional breakfast will be introduced to every Filipino homemakers out there. Overnight oats has long been a staple for breakfast in the United States. But in Philippines, although oatmeals are popular, overnight oats were not.
Here in The Frugal Wife PH, saving time and energy is important as saving money. That is why you will see articles such as meal prep popping up from time to time. Perfect your meal prep by following the tips in this article: 10 Tips To Accomplish The Perfect Meal Prep
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Desired nuts and fruits for toppings (optional)
Mix all ingredients in an airtight container. Refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight. Consume while still cold.
You will need:
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Measuring spoon and cup
- Airtight containers
You can make ahead as many as you can. Overnight oats can last up to five days chilled in the refrigerator.
Another variation is to replace apple with bananas.
Overnight Oats Health Benefits
- Overnight oats is a good source of fiber.
- Satiating and helps manage appetite better.
- Contains probiotics which helps support a healthy digestive system.
- Ideal for weight loss.
- Oats contain B vitamins and minerals, such as iron and magnesium.
- Lowers both bad cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Relieves constipation.
- Improve blood sugar level.
- Increases brain power.
- Helps boost immune system.
Why you should try this recipe:
- No cooking required.
- This recipe is ideal for busy people with no ample amount of time to prepare breakfast on a daily basis.
- This can also be an alternative, say 2x/week to the regular rice + viand and pan de sal + coffee breakfast routine.
- Kids would love it!
- Overnight oats is already packed with health benefits from the ingredients.
- Cheap and easy to make.
- Time saving.
- This recipe is big in volume. You will never go hungry till lunch time.
Frugal Wife PH aims to continuously look for ways to ease the life of every homemakers. Most of the time, homemakers feed so many mouths they don’t have time left to tend for other stuffs. Time-saving recipes were simply another hack you should learn early to run your home efficiently.
What nicer thing can you do for someone than make them breakfast?Anthony Bourdain
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated provided that full and clear credit is given to Trish Aspan or The Frugal Wife PH. Copying and/or pasting full content to any website or social media without appropriate and specific direction to the original content is strictly prohibited.